Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sweet Lou Provides World Record Performance in ‘Crown’

TORONTO,ON— Sweet Lou won the $650,000 Breeders Crown Two-Year-Old Colt Pace in 1:49, a world, track and stake record, returning $4.50 to win. A Rocknroll Dance finished second, Hurrikane Kingcole was third, Speed Again was fourth and Escape The News was fifth.

I Fought Dalaw, Sing For Me George, Hurrikane Kingcole and Sweet Lou all left the gate fast heading to the turn. I Fought Dalaw cleared, with Sing For Me George first over in second and Hurrikane Kingcole in third. I Fought Dalaw took them by the quarter in :26.1.

Sing For Me George cleared the lead into the backstretch. I Fought Dalaw sat in second and Hurrikane Kingcole was in third. Sweet Lou came first over and I Fought Dalaw came out of the pocket. Sweet Lou cleared at the half in :54.3 (:28.2).

Sweet Lou drew away around the far turn, with I Fought Dalaw on the outside in second and Sing For Me George in third. Sweet Lou was gone from the field at three-quarters in 1:21.4 (:27.1).

Sweet Lou was unchallenged in the stretch and went on to win. A Rocknroll Dance finished second, Hurrikane Kingcole was third, Speed Again was fourth and Escape The News was fifth.

Sweet Lou is a two-year-old colt by Yankee Cruiser out of the mare Sweet Future by Falcons Future. He has earned $361,850 in 2011 and won nine of 11 starts. He is bred by Birnam Wood Farms. He is owned by Burke Racing Stables LLC, Weaver Bruscemi LLC, Lawrence Karr and Phillip Collura, trained by Ron Burke and Dave Palone was in the bike to win in 1:49, a world, track and stake record.

“He’s super intelligent, he’s a gentlemen from the word go; he doesn’t act like a baby at all. I thought I had the strongest horse coming in [to the Breeders Crown], I couldn’t have dreamt of a better trip. I was sailing, he [Sweet Lou] came up so good tonight,” driver Dave Palone said.

No comments:

Post a Comment