Saturday, October 29, 2011

San Pail Defeats World Class Horses in ‘Crown’


TORONTO, ON— San Pail won the $600,000 Breeders Crown Open Trot in 1:51.4. Rapide Label finished second, Commander Crowe was third and Hot Shot Blue Chip finished fourth.

Define The World and Arch Madness left the gate with speed. Define The World  cleared, with Arch Madness sitting in second. Rapide Label was three wide in third and San Pail was two wide in fourth. Define The World went by the quarter in :26.2. Arch Madness was in second and Rapide Label was in third.

San Pail cleared the lead down the backstretch, with Define The World in second and Rapide Label first over in third. San Pail lead the field by the half in :54.4 (:28.2). San Pail had the lead around the far turn, with Rapide Label moving into second and Define The World shuffled to third. Commander Crowe followed Rapide Label second over in fourth. San Pail took the field by three-quarters in 1:23.1 (:28.2).

San Pail had the lead into the stretch. Rapide Label and Commander Crowe were giving chase on the outside and Lucky Jim was on a break. San Pail was the winner. Rapide Label finished second, Commander Crowe was third and Hot Shot Blue Chip was fourth.

San Pail is a seven-year-old gelding by San Pellegrino out of the mare Village Beauty by Balanced Image. He has earned $965,250 in 2011. He is bred and co-owned by Glenn Van Camp and Rodney Hughes, trained by Rodney Hughes and Randall Waples was in the sulky.  

“Well good horses you can do that they make you look good. He’s just an unbelievable horse. But I have to give full credit to Rod, his crew, the Hughses’ and Mr. Van Camp.  Rod does so much good by this horse.  Seems like he has him at his very best when it counts and he’s just an unbelievable horse. l  was moving into the first turn and I was more than willing to sit third, I settled with him before but when I saw Rapide Lebel starting to come I changed my mind and kept him 3 wide as long as I could. I just didn’t want to give up the position.  At this track it is so important to have position, you have got to be up near the front.  I honestly think that if I had stayed where I was and the other horse had gotten to the front I don’t think I would have beat him, they both raced unbelievable, they are truly champion horses, those 2 French horses (one being Swedish).  They are just unbelievable, it was a great experience to race against them. I’m glad that I beat them but they didn’t lose any races tonight. They just raced unbelievable. What a rush.” Driver Randy Waples said.

“Yes that’s it but there are so many things that add up to a great horse.  He’s got all of them, he’s got heart, he’s got stamina, he’s got everything going for him.  But I honestly, and I’m getting choked up saying this, but I’m so thankful for all you people that come out and support this horse, it means so much to hear you guys cheering and everyone that loves this horse as much as we do, I just love this horse to death.”

“World champion right now, I’m going to say thank you to Randy Waples right here, moved before the quarter and it probably proved to be an exceptional drive, thank you Randy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment