After several months since the first week of this series, I decided to renew it. Since we had no luck whatsoever at The Meadowlands in the Pick 4, tallying a deficit of more than $200, I decided to fall back on this due to a big win that came to us in week one. We bet $40 on December 22 and one horse paid us a ton of money. High Def Z Tam won the Preferred pace, returning $19.90 to win. We put $6 on him to win and got $59.70, but we also hit the exacta, which returned $206.20 for $4. Our $200 bankroll greatly increased to $425.90 off that one day! Sadly, High Def Z Tam died in a race accident shortly after that victory, which makes that win a memorable one. I am back to bring more profitable bets and get you more bang for your buck at different tracks across North America. Good luck!
Friday, March 29
Harrah’s Philadelphia Race #8
(3) Gambler’s Tale – He is a sharp horse shipping in from The Meadowlands. He races against similar today and should be placed near the lead, a spot most winners at Philly are located for the mile.
Plays: $4 Across The Board on 3, $2 exacta box 2,3,7 Cost: $24
Yonkers Raceway Race #5
(1) Big Sky Storm – He drops in class and draws the rail after racing from post 8 against better. He closed well to finish fourth in that effort, should be very sharp from the inside.
Plays: $6 win on 1, $2 Place-Show on 1 Cost: $10
Buffalo Raceway Race #5
(7) Simple Lease – This gelding has shown three good efforts from outside posts against similar. He’ll be somewhere on the board and at Buffalo, the outside post horses are very profitable if they hit the board.
Plays: $4 Across The Board on 7 Cost: $12
Saturday, March 30
Meadowlands Racetrack Race #7
(2) Bolero Andrew – If any upset were to come in at the Meadowlands on Saturday, it would likely be in this event. The B-1 class at The Meadowlands has proven to be a company of fierce competition, attracting the same horses week in and week out. He gets post relief off of a big mile against this group from post 8. He’ll likely be near or on the lead and have something saved for the stretch drive.
Plays: $10 Across The Board on 2, $2 exacta 2/1,3,6 Cost: $36
Meadowlands Racetrack Race #9
(6) The Pokester – This horse has never been the same since he dropped from the A-2. He is very sharp, but seems to get into traffic and or issues often. He has a strong late kick, so if he’s off the pace, he can recover. He’ll likely try to ride cover for a victory and be greater value than his 3-1 odds last week stepping down.
Plays: $4 Win on 6, $2 exacta box 1,6,10 Cost: $16
Woodbine Racetrack Race #4
(8) Monte Cristo – This gelding qualifies for one of my favorite angles at Woodbine. He is coming off a good effort against this class two starts back and stepped up, only to do poorly against better. He drops back down into a company he’s done well in before and though he did not get the luck of the draw, expect him to be in the mile late and or near the lead and make a move late.
Plays: $4 Win on 8, $4 exacta 8/2,4 Cost: $12
Total Cost: $110