Saturday, October 29, 2011

Monkey On My Wheel Upsets Drop The Ball in Filly Pace

TORONTO, ON— Monkey On My Wheel won the $500,000 Breeders Crown Three-Year-Old Filly Pace in 1:49.3, a stakes record, returning $12.90 to win. Drop The Ball finished second, Foxy Lady was third and Rocklamation finished fourth.

Idyllic, Monkey On My Wheel and Foxy Lady all left the gate fast. Idyllic cleared the lead at the quarter in :25.4. Monkey On My Wheel was in second and Foxy Lady was in third.

There was no change in order at the half in :53.2 (:27.3). Drop The Ball came first over, supplying cover to Krispy Apple and Swinging Beauty. Monkey On My Wheel came first over around the far turn, Drop The Ball followed her and Idyllic was fading fast. Monkey On My Wheel took them by three-quarters in 1:21.1 (:27.4).
Monkey On My Wheel and Drop The Ball dueled in the stretch. Rocklamation was closing on the outside and Krispy Apple was closing in. But Monkey On My Wheel held off Drop The Ball to win. Foxy Lady finished third and Rocklamation finished fourth.

Monkey On My Wheel is a three-year-old filly by Mach Three out of the mare Legislation by Presidential Ball. She has earned $490,059 in 2011. She is bred and owned by Mac Nichol, Travis Umphrey co-owns and trains and Jody Jamieson drives.   

No comments:

Post a Comment