Saturday, August 17, 2013

I Luv The Nitelife Continues to Awe Spectators in Valley Forge

WILKES-BARRE, PA— I Luv The Nitelife sat back through a fast quarter and swept to the front at three-eighths, emerging to flight into the stretch to win the $350,000 Valley Forge final in 1:48.4.

Shebestingin broke before the start and never recovered. Somwherovrarainbow blasted to the lead, with Charisma Hanover pacing fast to get positioning and I Luv The Nitelife was in third. Somwherovrarainbow led by the quarter in :25.2. I Luv The Nitelife made her move passed the stands and brushed to the lead at three-eighths. Somwherovrarainbow sat the pocket and Charisma Hanover was racing third. Novascotia Hanover came first over, supplying cover to Love Canal and Belle Boyd. I Luv The Nitelife went by the half in :53.2 (:28).

Novascotia Hanover attempted to march with I Luv The Nitelife down the backstretch, but remained a length off of her presence. Somewherovrarainbow rode the pocket and was ready to pace at three-quarters in 1:21 (:27.3).

Tim Tetrick showed the whip to I Luv The Nitelife at the head of the stretch and she exploded. She flew down the clay stretch and was a clear winner over Somwherovrarainbow, Novascotia Hanover was third and Belle Boyd was fourth in a world record 1:48.4, breaking the 1:49 time held by Economy Terror and set by Shebestingin last week.

I Luv The Nitelife ($2.80) is a three-year-old filly pacer by Rocknroll Hanover, out of the mare Lisjune by Camluck. She is owned by Richard and Joanne Young, trained by Chris Ryder and Tim Tetrick steered the division leader to a world record 1:48.4.

“I sat until the dust settled [on the lead], I moved her right to the front and she raced her butt off,” driver Tim Tetrick said. “My mare felt awesome, I was worried about Montrell’s [Somwherovrarainbow], but I was pretty confident. She’s tough, Chris said she’s a big grinder on the lead.”

“I’m just lucky enough to get the nice, tremendous fillies,” trainer Chris Ryder said. “She’s got everything except Kentucky up next, going to the Juggette, Simcoe, Breeders Crown and a few in Cleveland. She’ll race at four, if she’s able to race, she’ll be racing. I was not surprised she went 1:48, she’d been improving.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment