Saturday, June 15, 2013

I Luv The Nitelife in Fan Hanover Romp

CAMPBELLVILLE, ON – The filly equivalent to the North America Cup on the Mohawk stakes card, the Fan Hanover, was a showcase for Richard and Joanne Young’s I Luv The Nitelife, leaving the field in her wake and winning the $391,882 Fan Hanover in 1:49.1.

Jettin Jamie led the pack into the first turn, passed the quarter in :26. Jerseylicious got away in the pocket and was sent after Jettin Jamie for the lead. Jerseylicious cleared shortly passing three-eighths and I Luv The Nitelife was on her tail to apply pressure. I Luv The Nitelife cleared the lead passing the half in :54.1 (:28.1).

I Luv The Nitelife in her 1:50.4 elimination triumph
Love Canal took command of the two wide flow entering the far turn, carrying Belle Boyd up into contention. I Luv The Nitelife picked up the tempo at three-quarters in 1:21.4 (:27.3). She instantly gained separation on Jerseylicious, flattening out in second and Belle Boyd was closing well. I Luv The Nitelife was clear by about 5 lengths heading to the wire and stopped the timer in 1:49.1. Belle Boyd finished second, Jerseylicious held on to third and Love Canal had no room to pace, settling for fourth.

I Luv The Nitelife was the lukewarm public choice, returning $3.20 to win. She is owned by Richard and Joanne Young, trained by Chris Ryder and was driven by Tim Tetrick. Tim is the first driver to win the Fan Hanover two years in a row and has won the race a record three times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment