Sunday, August 12, 2012

Michaels Power Takes Confederation Cup


The Casie Coleman trained Michaels Power, who finished second to Pet Rock in the first heat, got a pocket trip to win Confederation Cup XXXVI in 1:52.4. Dynamic Youth closed from last to finish second and Pet Rock was third.

Michaels Power was the tempo setter until Pet Rock cleared the lead at the three-eighths pole. After a :26.1 opening quarter, Pet Rock started to slow down the pace. I Found My Beach came first over to challenge Pet Rock at the half. I Found My Beach and Pet Rock were wheel to wheel after a :54.4 (:28.3) half mile.

Michaels Power was stuck at the inside in third and Secretsoftheknight was following the hoof prints of I Found My Beach approaching three-quarters. State Treasurer came third over from the back of the pack. Pet Rock was under pressure from I Found My Beach, Secretsoftheknight and Dynamic Youth at three-quarters in 1:23.4 (:29).

Pet Rock started to kick away at the top of the stretch, until Michaels Power found racing room and started his bid up the passing lane. Dynamic Youth was closing on the far outside and Secretsoftheknight had no rally. Michaels Power’s last threat was Dynamic Youth, but the line came just in time and Michaels Power was crowned champion. Dynamic Youth was second and Pet Rock was third.

Michaels Power is a three-year-old colt by Camluck, out of the mare Michelles Jackpot by Artsplace. He is owned by Jeff Snyder, trained by Casie Coleman and Scott Zeron was in the bike to win the Confederation Cup in 1:52.4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment