Saturday, February 4, 2012

Why Pick A Home Track

On an average day at the track, I hear the hollering of bettors rooting their horses to the finish. Not only that, but I notice they are looking at several tracks at once. After every race, there are even some guys who look at their tickets seeing if they won, but that’s for another time. Today I talk about how and why you should pick a home track.

When you’re picking a home track, pick any track, there is really nothing to it. If you don’t do well there after let’s say a four month period, then find a new one. A home track can be any track, Cal-Expo, The Meadowlands, Yonkers Raceway, Woodbine, etc.

There are many reasons it is good to pick a home track. One is that you learn how the track works. You learn the bias, what kind of horses win, how the public thinks, etc. Knowing when I handicap the Meadowlands, I can tell most of the time what kind of horses are the favorites and which ones are the longshots. This is because I have been handicapping the Meadowlands since 2010, learning every driver, trainer, horse, condition and bias the track shows every night.

Another reason is a sub-affect to knowing the racetrack. After you learn how the racetrack works, it’s easier to handicap, wager and win. With biases, horses and knowledge of what the public does, you learn how to bet at this racetrack to win. With me, I picked the Meadowlands as my home track and it took me about a year to learn how the track worked. After a down season, 2011 became one of the best seasons I ever had at the racetrack. With winners such as Showherthemoney ($72.60), Tilt Ya Kilt N ($22), Man O’ War ($21), Denyittotheend ($31.80), Custard The Dragon ($24.20) and the list goes on.

Of course when you have your home track, you build a strategy. With all the knowledge you get from studying a racetrack, it becomes your home track and will allow you to do your best when you go to the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment